For the 2nd year in a row Compass Geomatics was the winner of the Service Professional of the Year at the 2019 BILD Central Alberta Awards of Excellence. We would like to thank all of our staff for the effort in achieving this 2 years in a row.
Compass Geomatics is equipped with the latest 3D Scanner from Trimble®, the SX10. This scanning total station redefines the capabilities of everyday survey equipment by providing the world's most innovative solution for surveying, engineering, and scanning professionals. Compass can provide field scanning, data processing/calculations, and mapping to the following types of projects:
- Topographic and relief surveys
- General surveys (property boundary or titled land)
- Roadway and pipeline corridors (design and topography)
- Volumetric calculations (stockpiles or excavation)
- Civil infrastructure as-builts
- Building as-built and design
- Utility routing/design
- Powerline inspection or crossings
- Forensics and crash scene investigation
- Mines or quarries
- Tank calibration and inspection
- Dimensional control
New Rules in effect for Drones June 1 2019. Compass is fully equipped for all your UAV/drone needs – our current inventory contains 1 fixed wing and 25 rotary UAVS. Compass employs 5 pilots who operate under a special flight operations certificate (SFOC). With permission this allows us to operate within controlled airspace (close to airports, towns, etc). The remainder of our crews are all trained to use rotary UAVs in uncontrolled airspace throughout the province. Come June 1st all UAV’s will be registered with Transport Canada and all pilots will undertake the appropriate exam and review by flight reviewer.